»

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, its so hard to believe that I've not blogged pretty much this entire month. I know I went through a solidly uninspired chunk of time where words were not adequately available to me. Instead of words, I used my hands and made art. At the time, I recall being frustrated that I could not blog. But, rather than talking about creating, I actually did create. I created my new hairpieces and tons of new necklace designs. I did a little dreaming and established my resolutions for this coming new year. I also had the pleasure of taking part in some shows around town. I love doing shows! There's just something about actually getting to paint a moment with your words to someone about your art. Its lovely, really.

Enough excuses about why I've not been keeping up with my blog. Or, I suppose another way to look at is that the above just gave the crash session update. Either way you consider it, I'm thinking I need to move on and post my goals for the new year. So, here goes nothing!

1. This year I'd like to make my jewelry business income my primary income.
2. This year I'd like to participate in 3 (yes, 3) big shows comparable to Shecky's events.
3. This year I'd like to again have my own studio space to work in easily and without restriction.
4. This year I'd like to organize my business.
5. This year I'd like to be able to sync up with the wholesale calendar and venture into that arena.

Ok, I'm thinking 5 is a good starting place. I also think that all of the above have solid, measurable levels to gauge how I'm doing.

So what are YOUR resolutions for your business this coming year?

No comments: