»

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Baby Hair

I recently did some undeniably sweet hair pieces for a custom baby order. All i have to say is, it was a huge task! I did not realize that I basically had to design an entirely new item. I thought, hair pieces are hair pieces. It'll be just like the combs and the little kid snappers that I've already done. I was SO wrong. Not only do you have the obvious issue of mini version for baby, but you also have the durability issue. And, the backs still need to be pretty in case baby keenly removes it from her hair and now its on the floor upside down. It must be pretty and uber durable.

I will say, despite the new problems to solve, I've really enjoyed doing this project. Throughout it, I found a myriad of new inspiration and possibilities for my business. I did a few different designs and realized that some were a little more delicate than others. Out of about 4 designs, these are the two that I finally decided on.

Either of these pieces will ensure that you, hands down, have the absolutely prettiest baby on the block!

Free image hosting at imagecave.com

Free image hosting at imagecave.com

No comments: