»

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Being a kid

My husband loves video games.  But not new video games.  He loves the old school, grey Nintendo.  Over the past 3 years, I can't tell you how many Tetris Parties we have hosted.  If you don't know what its like to play Tetris 2 with Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker as a soundtrack, you must find a way to experience it. 

Recently, though, we've been blowing through Crash Bandicoot 2 on the barely less old school PlayStation.  Over the last week or so, our video game adventures have been our quality time.  And frankly, I've really enjoyed it.  On most levels, I suck pretty bad.  But, on two final worlds, I have been the one to pass us through.  How's that for teamwork?

When he brought the game out last weekend, I was almost instantly captivated.  I remember seeing the commercials for Crash and wishing so badly that someone I knew had the game.  Really, who can forget the clever, transparent blue Crash floating into oblivion with his angel wings when you kill him? 

Would you believe that Crash would fulfill a dream for both me and my husband?  After he laughed at my disclosure of my intense desire to play this particular game all the way into high school, he then admitted that he too had wished for someone to play it with him.  Now, years later, we both got our wish!  

No comments: