»

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Goal Line

For almost 3 months now, I've had the goal of getting my wholesale packets in order so that I can start drumming up wholesale clients again.  This has been such a daunting task... and I wonder sometimes if it will ever actually happen.

About the time I got really serious about wanting to pursue wholesale clients, I got this crazy whim to start a local Etsy team.  I'll be honest, I don't think I expected it to actually take off.  I was surprised when people replied to my emails and told me it was a good idea.  I was even more surprised, though, when we had our first meeting and people showed up.  Now, if you're part of the team, don't be scared.  I love my team and I'm beyond thankful for where we are and where we're going.  My point, though, is that I shifted my focus from something I've wanted to do for a long time to something else that I've wanted to do for a long time.  I made a choice and threw all of my creative efforts into something that was just begging to happen.   

Now that our amazing team is up and running, I can begin, again, to refocus on my desire to do wholesale business.  I've been working solidly on hairpiece designs  for the past few weeks as that will be my main focus when courting businesses.  However, I'm pleased to say that I found myself a dash of inspiration today and was able to develop some new jewelry designs.  Ideally, I had hoped to have a mixture of both and I think I'll be able to do just that.

The photo is one of the designs that I was working on today.  It's made of sterling silver, baroque pearls, aquamarine, and fluorite.  So perfect for this time of year!

No comments: