»

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Craving Cool

I know we're still mid summer right now.  And I don't care what you think.  But seriously, I am CRAVING cool, brisk breezes and cozy textures.  It seems all  I can think about right now is velvet, tweed, plaid, and leather.  I see off season fabrics and desire to make something lovely from them. 

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and saw a little girl with a red velvet dress on.  I had to do a double take as I'm sure it was very, very warm.  But, I had to give her credit.  Because in my head, I'm thinking about such fall/winter inspired things now too.

Then, this morning, when the glory of fall attire scurried through my mind, I was prompted to peruse photos of Fall 2010 runway trends.  As I did, I saw ruby, chocolate, olive, black, and gold.  There was also a dash of regal purple and, as always, a camel/vanilla neutral that I believe is a mandatory addition to fall style.

Here are a few of my favorites...



No comments: