»

Friday, October 16, 2009

Looking Elseware



So we all know that Etsy is a magical place. I could spend all of my time there and never tire of the terms OOAK (one of a kind) or DYI (do it yourself). Even still, I have yet another site suggestion that you may very well curse me later for sharing with you.

It's called elsewares.com. It's beyond words, really. No mere mortal can embody elseware's depth by trite words. Ok, anyway... the site's tag is "Independent Art and Design," but it's really so much more than that. It seems that many of the products are sustainable, multi-functional, and all around as innovative as it gets.

I also love that the site has a search breakdown by recipient, price, and gift ideas. When I searched 'For Her,' I found measuring cups that masquerade as mod Russian nesting dolls. I also found an uber sleek clutch comprised almost entirely of recycled pull tabs. Seriously, don't knock it until you see it.

Anyway, you now have yet another retail playground to frolic amidst when you're supposed to be working. Have fun with that.

No comments: