»

Friday, October 02, 2009

Material Girl

A few mornings ago, I awoke to a delicate idea swirling through my head. It was demure and transparent and blissful. I had seen a partial picture of an ethereal pair of earrings made of the white organza left over from the detailing of my wedding dress.

When I actually got out of bed that morning, I made myself some coffee and set to work playing and playing and playing with that organza. I rolled it this way. I rolled it that way. I thought it was too big and then I thought it was too small. Then, in a moment, I saw the physical reproduction of my vision from earlier that morning. They were perfect. They were small enough that they would not be overbearing and large enough that they still would demand respect from any fashion loving individual.

I'm very pleased with the outcome of the earrings. Not surprisingly, it has also inspired me to consider other pieces incorporating strategically gathered and placed textiles. For those that appreciate jewelry in general, you might wear them for a while and then move on to the next lovely thing. But for those that know the secret of appreciating a well made article of clothing (it's all in the fabric), you might be enamored.

We'll see what comes of these inspired musings for the future, but in the meantime... enjoy the airiness of these lovely stud earrings.

No comments: