»

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not so much self-help

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and I've, just this morning, discovered a bit of intrigue that I'm just itching to write about. 

There are a zillion and one blogs out there right now.  And, there are almost just as many blogs for social media tips, tricks, and cure-alls.  Personally, I can only read so many of these before I've heard it all.  I know that technology is ever-evolving and there's always something new and game-changing on the cusp of being released.  But, I'm officially over how to make the most of Twitter marketing and how to get more fans on your Facebook Fanpage.  Of course, as of today, "fans" are no longer fans but rather people that "like" you or your product.  Either way, you know what I mean.  I'm just tired of hearing the same thing in a new way.  

On a similar note, I've also seen increasingly more and more blogs dedicated to supporting Etsy sellers and handmade advocates.  I've seen how to optimize search engines and tutorials on how to take magazine quality photos with your light box. Again, I can only read so many versions of these articles before I've squeezed out every last bit of usable information.  Suddenly and in a moment, the topic is exhausted.

That is why I'm so pleased to uncover a few new blogs that I appreciate, not because of their "how to use twitter to market your business" articles, but rather because of the honest and transparent approach to building something valuable.  Whether it be an online, handmade business or a bit of character within the depths of who a person is, some blogs just stand out because you know that the person on the other side of the computer holds a high regard for the empowerment of others.

I'm not going to name any names here, because I want to plant a seed.  As you are reading your favorite blogs, do a touch of evaluation.  Are there any links on your blogroll that challenge you as a person?  That encourage you to get past your fears of not succeeding or maybe succeeding at your business?  That move you to shift the way you think about why you do what you do?  If not, go find one.  It'll change your life.     

Change the World Ticket from AFavorite on Etsy

No comments: