»

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring is only so long

Has it really been a month since my last post?  And to think I thought I was getting better at the frequency of my postings.  Well, I will say much has happened in the course of 30 days.

I've thrown out some pitches for my products in Mother's Day & Bridal Gifts guides.  After about a month of doing so, I'm happy to report that I've landed a few.  On April 20th, my Winter Gemstone Wine Charms will be featured in a Mother's Day Gift Guide for Mainstreet.com.  Soon after that, I will have my Cranberry Hair Comb in the Bridal Gift Guide for PrettyCity.com and the St. Pete Times tbt edition.  It will also, in conjunction with the above, run in OrlandoStyleMag.com in May. 

I've also been exceedingly busy working on the ReddingHandmade Etsy Team! We've already done an open house, a peer to peer critique, a promo swap, and lots of brainstorming for the future.  In fact, we've got so many event ideas that I had to create another platform to launch from.  Just a few days ago, my fellow creative brainstormer Charmaine and me, launched Oh!Carousel.  Carousel is a creative collaboration to support local business by having as much fun as possible and by using as much spunk as we can muster!  What's on the menu?  Local events, workshops, classes, shopping experiences that will engage our community and educate them as consumers and creative people.

And, on a final note, I just made a Facebook Fanpage called "I don't mind spending more on handmade items."  Be a fan and join the cause!

No comments: